Government Service Career Fair (4/13/23)
You must log in to register
- Non-member - $12
- Member - Free!
- CLE Advantage - Free!
- Law Student Member - Free!
This is an in-person event hosted at The Chicago Bar Association building (321 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604).
Are you interested in what career opportunities are available working for the government? Join the CBA Young Lawyers Section for its Government Services Career Fair, where you will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from various local government agencies. The program will begin with a 1-hour panel (4:00-5:00 pm) with speakers from Chicago Public Schools, the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, followed by a fair featuring the following agencies (5:00-7:00 pm):
• City of Chicago Office of the Inspector General
• Cook County Bureau of Human Resources
• Illinois Human Rights Commission
• Illinois Office of the Comptroller
• Internal Revenue Service
• Office of Executive Inspector General for the Agencies of the Illinois Governor
• Office of the State Appellate Defender
• Chicago Board of Education
• Illinois Attorney General’s Office
• Office of the Cook County Public Defender
• Office of the Solicitor, Chicago Regional Office
• U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
• U.S. Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration
• U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region V
• And more!
Thor Inouye, Illinois Attorney General’s Office
Libby Massey, Deputy General Counsel, Chicago Public Schools
Additional Speakers: TBA
Cost: $0 CBA CLE Advantage Plan Member & Law Student Member/$0 Member/$12 Non-member (Not a law student member yet? Join now for only $12 to attend this event and gain access to many more!)
Credit: No MCLE Credit
Where: Chicago Bar Association, 321 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago, Il 60604
To confirm you are ready to participate in an on demand webcast, please take the browser test here: http://eventcenter.commpartner...
Live CBA Committee meetings and seminars will take place via Zoom webinar. You will click on "view video" and be directly connected to the meeting/seminar on Zoom. (You will not receive a Zoom link.)
You MUST have Zoom Desktop Client on your Mac or PC to view a live program. If using a mobile device, you must have the Zoom App (available in the App Store or Google Play).
System requirements for Mac & PC can be found here. System requirements for mobile devices can be here.
Please note that audience members do not need video or audio access. Audience members are able to submit questions via the chat or Q & A features of Zoom.
Chat: Open in-meeting chat, allowing you to send chat messages to and send a message to the host, panelists, and attendees (if permitted). Question & Answer: Open the Q&A window, allowing you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.