Immigration Law, COVID-19 and the New Administration (1/21/2021)
DEVELOPING POLICY AS TRANSITION APPROACHES
- What seems to be the Biden administrations focus now?
- What is likely to move forward first
- Congressional v. executive order
Fred Tsao, Senior Policy Counsel, Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights Marketa Lindt, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP and AILA National President, 2019-2020
PREPARING EMPLOYMENT-BASED APPLICATIONS IN THE NEW YEAR
- Preparing for a new H1B season in time of transitions and in the time COVID
- Entrepreneurial visas
Robert Krug, Partner, Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. Emily Summers, Associate, Kempster, Corcoran, Quiceno & Lenz-Calvo
REPRESENTING YOUR CLIENTS DURING COVID
- Strategies for representing your client telephonically both at EOIR and USCIS
- Strategies for handling your removal case with a constantly changing court calendar
- Advocating for your client in time of administration transition
- How to assess a new case during this time of transition
- Meeting with clients, properly communicating with clients in the time of COVID
Rocio Becerril, Law Office of RSB Margaret O’Donoghue, Supervisory Attorney, Law Office of Robert Ahlgren & Associates
Kendra Scheuerlein, Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & DYM, Ltd.; Chair, CBA Immigration & Nationality Law Committee
Tristan Gunn, Tapia-Ruano & Gunn PC; Vice-Chair, CBA Immigration & Nationality Law Committee
To confirm you are ready to participate in an on demand webcast, please take the browser test here: http://eventcenter.commpartner...
Live CBA Committee meetings and seminars will take place via Zoom webinar. You will click on "view video" and be directly connected to the meeting/seminar on Zoom. (You will not receive a Zoom link.)
Please note that audience members do not need video or audio access. Audience members are able to submit questions via the chat or Q & A features of Zoom.
Chat: Open in-meeting chat, allowing you to send chat messages to and send a message to the host, panelists, and attendees (if permitted). Question & Answer: Open the Q&A window, allowing you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.